- Examine new business opportunities for 5G / Wi-Fi RAN Convergence which can be better enabled through the convergence and interworking
- Address Wi-Fi and 5G convergence in verticals such as enterprises, industrial 4.0, IoT, public hotspots, connected cities and residential access.
Address the challenges and potential solutions to ensure the best user experience for both Wi-Fi and cellular in following areas related to convergence:
- 5G and Wi-Fi RAN Convergence architecture
- Provide industry guidelines with analysis, approaches and potential solutions in the above identified areas related to convergence between 5G and Wi-Fi
- 3GPP ATSSS further study to enable improved session continuity, better resource utilization and fast reaction time to changes in connection quality across NR and Wi-Fi
- Study and analysis of ANDSP and NGH/HS2.0 to handle both Wi-Fi and cellular policies and enable network visibility and policy settings between 5G and Wi-Fi
- Enable Wi-Fi only devices with or without 3GPP identity and SIM credentials on the device, to access 5G networks
- Enable end-to-end QoS across 5G and Wi-Fi networks
WBA Members, Equipment manufacturers, Chipset vendors, Wi-Fi operators and Cellular operators, System integrators.